Steel Forging Machine Operator – Level 1 & 2
We are currently looking for Steel Forging Machine Operators to join the Standen’s team in Calgary, AB, in this permanent full-time position.
Wages start at $16.00/hr with increases available after successfully completing 3 month probation and a 6 month verification of on the job training. Our afternoon & night shifts receive a shift premium added to the hourly rate.
Day shift: 7:00am – 3:30pm
Afternoon shift: 3:30pm – 12:00am; or
Night shift: 11:00pm – 7:00am.
What we have to offer:
- Competitive wages
- Hard working team members who work together to get the job done
- Company paid health benefits (including prescription drugs, dental, extended medical, travel, disability, and life insurance)
- Company Pension and RRSP plan
- Subsidized on-site cafeteria
- Training & development
- Easily accessible by car, bike, or transit
- Free parking
- Opportunities for career growth within the company
Candidate Skills Required:
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to perform safely in a fast-paced production environment.
- Comfortable in heavy industrial areas.
- Experience using hand tools and powered tools.
- Works well with others and is a good team player.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to use measuring tools (imperial and metric)
Position Responsibilities include, but are not limited too:
- Safely operate production machinery;
- Always focusing on your Safety and the Safety of those around you;
- Record “first off” and in-process inspections;
- Be a part of training and improvement opportunities;
- Learning different skills for different processes;
- Keeping your work area neat and tidy;
- Excellent attendance
- Check all materials before use;
- Ability to lift and manipulate steel parts repetitively;
- Operate gas or electric furnaces to heat steel;
- Make sure all your products are identified with tags or labels;
- Suggest ways to improve your processes;
As Standen’s is a supplier of Canadian government designated controlled goods, the successful applicant must be willing to consent to a security check which may include a criminal background check.
Drop off or email a cover letter and resume, indicating shift preference. Please reference #2016Level1 on your cover letter, attention Human Resources.
Please note that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO THIRD PARTY CONTACTS PLEASE. PLEASE DO NOT PHONE.