Standen’s has been a Canadian fixture since 1924 – we make leaf spring suspensions, tillage tools and other heat-treated steel alloy products for the transportation industry. Our Service department has a long history of excellence in workmanship and customer relationships, and we’re looking to expand this expertise and reach out to customers and other business who we may have not yet met.
As a technical sales representative (on contract) for the Service department, you are dynamic and engaging, have a working knowledge of trucks (suspensions would be great), are mechanically inclined (maybe you’re a mechanic looking to transition out from under vehicles?), and have a knack for explaining to people what’s going on.
- Excellent customer service skills; able to solve problems
- Proven track record of automotive/truck sales experience (parts sales is an asset)
- Self-motivated – drive to achieve personal development and organizational goals
- Proficient in MS office 2010
- Must possess excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Generate sales revenue per agreed targets and timelines
- Source and sell to prospective customers in public, commercial and consumer sectors
- Managing own workload and prioritize to the needs of the customer and the business
- Reinforce the Standen’s Service brand at all times
- Make customer visits on regular rotation, report in to Service Manager on discussions
- Inquire as to what customers would like to have, what products are missing to create up-sell opportunities
- Keep up knowledge of system designs and industry development
- Effectively report in monthly to verify customer visits, generated revenue and identify problem spots
- Assist in the annual inventory count (on-site)
What kind of work environment:
- Remote working environment, able to travel in Calgary and surrounding area
Please submit a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Standen’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse workforce. Only those selected for an interview will be contracted. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. NO THIRD PARTY OR OUTSIDE AGENCIES PLEASE.