Title: Millwright (3rd year to Journeyperson)
Location: Calgary, Ab
Reports To: Maintenance Manager
Experience/Proficiency: 3rd year apprentice to Journeyperson
Education: High School
Open Date: 21 April 2017
Close Date: 30 April 2017
Standen’s is looking for Millwrights (3rd year to Journeymen). Millwrights maintain, repair and troubleshoot operational machinery and mechanical equipment. This position is physically demanding and requires attention to detail, acute problem solving and excellent communication skills.
• Strong parts inventory flow and systems/computer literate
• Strong problem solving skills
• Strong fault tracing and resiliency in difficult situations
• Able to work in confined spaces
• Able to concentrate for long periods of time
• Able to work alone
• Able to complete quality work under tight timelines
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
• Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
• Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by entering PM tickets per department processes
• Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
• Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Equipment inspection, testing, lubrication
• Maintain & repair & troubleshoot production related machinery and plant equipment
• Overhaul of winching, tugging, and hoisting equipment including preventative maintenance
• Follow safe working habits & demonstrate commitment to Continuous Improvement
• Follows all Health and Safety policies and Procedures
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
• Manufacturing environment
Resumes will be accepted by Human Resources @ firstname.lastname@example.org or by dropping a resume and cover letter off in person. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. No third party inquiries.