We’re looking for a Journeyperson HET/Mechanic for our Evening Shift Service Shop! Interested in having every Friday off? Join our Night Shift and work 4/10s (4pm – 2am)
What we need from you:
- Journeyman certification (willing to look at 4th year)
- Attention to detail
- Able to interpret work orders and technical manuals
- Able to lift 30lbs daily, and sometimes consistently
- Excellent customer service
- Computer tracking systems & invoicing
What the role is responsible for:
- Repairs and overhauls automobiles, buses, trucks, and other automotive vehicles: Examines vehicle and discusses with customer nature and extent of damage or malfunction.
- Plans work procedure, using charts, technical manuals, and experience.
- Raises vehicle, using hydraulic jack or hoist, to gain access to mechanical units bolted to underside of vehicle.
- Removes unit, such as engine, transmission, or differential, using wrenches and hoist.
- Disassembles unit and inspects parts for wear, using micrometers, calipers, and thickness gauges.
- Repairs or replaces parts, such as pistons, rods, gears, valves, and bearings, using mechanic’s hand tools.
- Overhauls or replaces carburetors, blowers, generators, distributors, starters, and pumps.
- Rebuilds parts, such as crankshafts and cylinder blocks, using lathes, shapers, drill presses, and welding equipment.
- Rewires ignition system, lights, and instrument panel.
- Relines and adjusts brakes, aligns front end, repairs or replaces shock absorbers, and solders leaks in radiator.
- Mends damaged body and fenders by hammering out or filling in dents and welding broken parts.
- Replaces and adjusts headlights, and installs and repairs accessories, such as radios, heaters, mirrors, and windshield wipers.
- May be designated according to specialty as Automobile Mechanic, Motor; Bus Mechanic; Differential Repairer; Engine-Repair Mechanic, Bus; Truck Mechanic. Other duties as assigned
All qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, indicating hourly rate expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than July 19, 2019, please reference #10M05. Standen’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse workforce. NO THIRD PARTY OR OUTSIDE AGENCIES PLEASE.