Standen’s has been a Canadian fixture since 1924 – we make leaf spring suspensions, tillage tools and other heat-treated steel alloy products for the transportation industry. Our Service department has a long history of excellence in workmanship and customer interactions, and we’re looking for Journeyman Heavy Equipment Technicians (Mechanic) for the afternoon shift. We 4th year apprentices as well.
Afternoon shift: 4:00pm – 2:00am Monday – Thursday (4-10s)
In our Service department, HETs maintain, repair and overhaul light through heavy vehicles including pickups, buses and semi-trucks. We have a heavy focus on suspension repair and additions, along with alignment, drive-line balancing, and other general mechanical repair.
- Must be able to work in a high pressure environment safely
- Must be able to present in a positive, professional manner
- Strong ability to fault trace and communicate findings
- Reliability & diligence
- Attention to detail
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs consistently, and often
- Must be familiar with power tools
- Cutting & welding experience an asset
- CVIP license an asset
- Repairs and overhauls suspension for vehicles like buses, light through heavy duty trucks, and RVs, along with other vehicles
- Examines vehicle and recommend appropriate repairs.
- Familiarity with alignment on various vehicle types an asset
- Report any accidents or incidents that require attention immediately.
- Participates in all training programs that are made available and attend all department meetings.
- Other duties as required
What kind of work environment:
- Automotive service shop
- Physically demanding
- (must be able to lift up to 30 lbs consistently, must be able to bend, lift, and work over and under equipment safely)
Experience & Qualification
- 4th year apprentice considered
- Journeyman preferred
What we offer:
- Company paid health benefits (including dental, extended medical);
- Company sponsored matching pension plan;
- Service department works year-round with consistent work during shift times;
- Onsite café with a variety of menu options daily;
- Opportunities for paid training and development;
Please submit a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Standen’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse workforce. Only those selected for an interview will be contracted. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. NO THIRD PARTY OR OUTSIDE AGENCIES PLEASE.