Standen’s has been a Canadian fixture since 1924 – we make leaf spring suspensions, tillage tools and other heat-treated steel alloy products for the transportation industry.
Under the supervision of the Service Counter Supervisor, the Service Counter – Customer Service Representative assists all customers (retail, wholesale and shop), in person or over the phone, in selecting required parts in a friendly, professional, and efficient manner. Along with being organized, this position requires time management skills, the ability to multi-task and a willingness to think critically to solve problems in a fast-paced, dynamic and highly successful automotive service shop.
- Must be able to work in a high pressure environment safely
- Must be able to present in a positive, professional manner
- Able to communicate clearly in English with the ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, government regulations and company policy/procedures
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from co-workers, managers, customers and the general public
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions
- Reliability & diligence
- Attention to detail
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs regularly
- Work professionally with other employees.
- Maintains a good attitude and solid work ethic
- Learns and effectively uses the company business system
- Acknowledge all customers as they arrive in facility and serve them as efficiently as is possible.
- Informs customers of companion part requirements and specials and ensures that the customer is exposed to the full product line.
- Answers phone calls in a timely and appropriate manner to provide the sale, price quotes and other information.
- Provides high level of service to internal and external customers. Communicates with and supports other personnel and departments.
- Notifies the service advisor(s), shop foreman and the customer when special ordered parts have been received.
- Pulls and fills orders from stock for orders via telephone and walk in Customers.
- Pulls orders for delivery, making sure all parts are tagged with customer names and job number.
- Examines returned parts for defects. Exchange defective parts or refunds money.
- Report any accidents or incidents that require attention immediately.
- Follows all ISO 14001 processes as they relate to Service.
- Is able to assist with Inventory counts and processes as requested
- Participates in all training programs that are made available and attend all department meetings.
- Other duties as required
What kind of work environment:
- Automotive service shop
- Active customer engagement
- Active telephone response
- Physically demanding
- (must be able to lift up to 30 lbs consistently, must be able to bend, lift, and crawl under equipment safely)
Experience $ Qualification
- 3 – 5+ years of experience in customer service or sales
- previous parts experience an asset
What we offer:
- Company paid health benefits (including dental, extended medical);
- Company sponsored matching pension plan;
- Health and Wellness Programs;
- Onsite café with a variety of menu options daily;
- Opportunities for paid training and development;
Please submit a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Standen’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse workforce. Only those selected for an interview will be contracted. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. NO THIRD PARTY OR OUTSIDE AGENCIES PLEASE.