Title: AP/Payroll Assistant
Location: Calgary, Ab
Reports To: Accounting Supervisor
Experience/Proficiency: Minimum 3 years relevant A/P or Payroll experience
Education: High School
Open Date: 21 April 2017
Close Date: 30 April 2017
The AP/Payroll Assistant reports to the Accounting Supervisor and is responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical services. This includes processing and monitoring payments and expenditures and preparing and monitoring the GL system. Support will be provided to the Payroll Administrator by helping to administer the payroll life cycle, timesheet and records maintenance and payroll Masterfile entries.
• Proficient MS Word & Excel skills
• Experience with Kronos and Avanti
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
• Superior customer service skills
• Able to thrive in a dynamic and deadline driven environment
• Able to follow process and procedures, excellent attention to detail
• High standard of ethics and confidentiality to handle sensitive information
• Match supplier invoices to purchase orders and packing slips, then verify quantity and costs;
• Post invoices against purchase orders and supplier accounts in the computer;
• Code and batch supplier invoices to correct G/L codes
• Reconcile vendor accounts;
• Handle incoming calls regarding accounts payable inquiries;
• Maintain accounts payable vendors;
• Run and balance bi weekly cheque runs
• Maintaining the highest standards of customer service, both internal and external.
• Assist the Payroll Administrator with both the bi-weekly and bi-monthly payrolls (Avanti system)
• Data entry of employee time using the Kronos system
• Collaborate with the Payroll Administrator to ensure seamless data entry and compliance with all financial practices and policies
• Answer employee questions and concerns in regard to payroll
• Stay current on industry leading payroll initiatives and work to enhance own knowledge base
• Manufacturing environment
• Office environment
Resumes will be accepted by Human Resources @ email@example.com or by dropping a resume and cover letter off in person. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. No third party inquiries.